Monday, December 20, 2010

Makeover!

Hello everyone. As you can see, interior decorators have come into Fannie's Room and made some big changes around these parts. A big tip of my sombrero goes out to my special friend hammerpants for, basically, doing all the heavy lifting and design work.

I have also switched to the DISQUS commenting system, as js-kit echo was giving me a lot of problems, not the least of which was that their customer service was non-responsive in offering assistance from their end.

You may have noticed that previous comments are not showing up yet. All old comments have been saved, and I will be working to import them into the new DISQUS system so old conversations will not be lost in the aether.

For now, I am going to let people comment without having to sign in. Although I have mixed thoughts on allowing people to comment who go solely by the "anonymous" or "guest" non-identity, I also want to eliminate commenting barriers for well-intentioned commenters. If you choose, you can create a DISQUS profile, which you can also use on other blogs using the DISQUS system, or you can also login and comment under other profiles you may have, such as in twitter, yahoo, or openid. If you don't use an avatar, your default will be Velma. Just 'cuz.

Also, as someone requested it, DISQUS does allow you to edit your comments. If you choose to edit your comment, please indicate that you have done so, for instance, by saying something like "Edited to fix typo."

If you have any other suggestions or features you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I hope you like the changes. Thanks for hanging out in Fannie's Room!

No comments: