Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Update

Welp, it turns out that I have to be on some pretty strong meds for some persistent sinus issues I've been having and, spoiler alert, they are making me a bit loopy and REM-sleep-deprived.  Consequently, blogging and conversation here will probably be a bit light, sporadic, and/or about random, spontaneous topics. (This is Internet, what could possibly go wrong?)

Anyway, as a fun fact, when I was an undergrad, I was regularly sleep-deprived, entirely of my own volition and wanton ways (insert whatever definition of wanton in there, for who am I to fail to live up to the image that some anti-gay folks have of The Reckless, Selfish, No-Self-Control Gays).

I'm much older now and much more into Getting 8 Hours of Solid Sleep per night, but I do remember back then having convinced myself that 1 hour of nap sleep bestowed upon a person the equivalent benefit of 4 hours of regular sleep and that I could, therefore, get my regular sleep in during the hours of 4-6 am, take a 2-hour nap later in the day, and actually come out with a net positive of sleep hours in the long run.

Aren't you so glad you read my blog today?  Feel free to talk about whatever.



No comments: