Monday, October 5, 2015

Book Talk

As some of you may know, I'm currently reading Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.  I started this series many years ago, made it through the third book, and then lost interest/found other things to read in the publishing lag between the next installments.

I have now just finished the second one. As much as I'm enjoying it, for as much as one such as myself can enjoy a series that has thus far failed The Bechdel Test, I'm in need of a short reprieve from the series.

What should I read next?

I'm looking for good fantasy or speculative/science fiction that has a lead female character.  The character doesn't have to be strong or perfect, but if she was lesbian, bi, or queer that would be preferable.

And, of course, feel free to share what you all reading these days.

1 comment:

sistercoyote said...

Any of Jim C. Hines' Princess series (no, don't run away! Trust me!) starting with The Stepsister Scheme.

They have the advantage of having lead female characters and also of a lesbian character and also of being light, easy reads.

They do have some problems.