Friday, December 30, 2016

Femslash Friday: Women in Space

I dedicate the last Femslash Friday* of 2016 to the General herself.

A listing, in no particular order, of some of my other favorite fictional women in (or from) space:
  • Zoe - Firefly
  • The Android - Dark Matter
  • President Laura Roslin - Battlestar Galactica
  • Supergirl - Supergirl
  • Vice Admiral Janeway - Star Trek 
  • Dr. Ellie Arroway - Contact (or, as I call it: The Gaslighting of Ellie Arroway)
  • Tali'Zorah - Mass Effect
  • Number Eight / Sharon Valerii / Sharon Agathon - Battlestar Galactica
  • Dr. Ryan Stone - Gravity (or, as I call it: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck)
  • Lt. Ellen Ripley - Alien series
  • Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Oh yeah, and Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica (I know I've repeated BSG multiple times here, but it's my favorite sci-fi series so deal with it!).  Enjoy today's fan vid, featuring her:


As I was thinking about this list, it still strikes me how few female characters there are in this genre, compared to male characters. And, most are white and straight.

Any additions?


*Pairing: None. Sometimes, I like to take a step back and just appreciate bad-assery all by itself.

No comments: