Friday, June 24, 2016

Femslash Friday: Midwifery

I was going to make today's post an Orange is the New Black special, but if what I've been hearing about one of my favorite characters is true, I'm not sure I can bear to watch the recently-released season.

Instead, I'll highlight another woman-centric fave, Call the Midwife.

I like this one as it highlights two of my three most likely career choices if I had been a white 1950s lesbian: (a) midwife living in a convent or (b) an actual nun (I reckon I could somewhat have faked the being Catholic part if it meant I got live with all those other women, especially Sister Julienne, wait what?)

Anyway, if you're wondering what (c) is, I also could have probably played outfied or second base for the Rockford Peaches (obvs).

Enjoy some Patsy and Delia. I know I will. And I'm not 100% up to date on this, so if you have any bad news about either of these characters, share at your peril. I'm a broken-crayon length away from going Dark Willow on any show that wantonly kills off bi/lesbian characters.



Now, who wants to meet me for a Clandestine Glove Lunch at Lezzies for a couple of Eleanor Roosevelt Combos?


No comments: