Friday, August 20, 2010

Quote of the Day

Sometimes, you just read a passage and it's meaningful. In the following sentences, death, change, non-violence, and inter-connectedness were implicated, for me. Perhaps it will resonate with you, as well:

"One autumn day, I was in a park, absorbed in the contemplation of a very small, beautiful leaf, shaped like a heart....I asked the leaf whether it was frightened because it was autumn and the other leaves were falling. The leaf told me, 'No. During the whole spring and summer I was completely alive. I worked hard to help nourish the tree, and now much of me is in the tree. I am not limited by this form. I am also the whole tree, and when I go back to the soil, I will continue to nourish the tree. So I don't worry at all. As I leave this branch, I will wave to the tree and tell her, 'I will see you again very soon.''" -Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step

No comments: