Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dear Warner Bros:

Do not mess this up.

Or, as Giles would say, "Oh, dear lord." [Removes glasses, wipes them off on shirt, puts them back on.]

Unlike many Buffy fans, I do not think Joss Whedon is absolutely vital to a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot. I am a big Whedon fan, but I do subscribe to the apparently absurd notion that other talented, feminist writers exist who would be capable of doing justice to the Buffyverse he created.

Mostly, it would be the worst if Hollywood comes along and ruins Buffy by ignoring its major fan base of folks who appreciate strong, well-developed female characters by turning something that is ours into something for the "I only watch shows with strong or multiple female characters if they're hot" crowd.

I'd also appreciate it if Tara wasn't killed this time.



Thoughts?

No comments: