Thursday, December 9, 2010

Abortion Debate FAIL

The cocky cluelessness of anti-feminist dudes is often downright hilarious. Here, anti-feminist, anti-abortion blogger "Wintery Knight" opines upon what "the early church fathers [thought] about abortion" and concludes that they were "pro-life."

Fun fact, folks:

100% of the early church fathers were not born with uteri.
100% of the people having abortions were.

Suffice it to say that the deference I grant to the early patriarchs' opinion on abortion is directly proportional to their representation among the ranks of potentially-pregnant humans.

Moving on, let's skip ahead to Wintery Knight's own silly take on the abortion issue. Not because I particularly care what he thinks about it either, but because it's so damn amusing:

"Really, abortion is just selfishness taken to the nth degree – you create another human being by recreational sex (fun) and then you kill them in order to avoid have [sic] to take responsibility for that new life. It’s like going out and getting drunk then getting behind the wheel of a car and killing someone with the car."

Sure.

If, instead of being two separate entities, drivers and their cars were combined in a sort of Herbie-the-Love-Bug scenario, and the person hit by the car was also in some way dependent upon the car-person for hir very survival, then yeah, the analogy would totally work.

Otherwise, not so much.


In other news, isn't this cat the cutest:

Photobucket

I stared at this animation for 2 full minutes and, even though I don't know this cat, I can't decide if I want to eat it or put it in the pocket of my hoodie and carry it with me everywhere I go.

Dogs 3, Cats 7.

No comments: