Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Fun!

For the past 20 years, a man on Prince Edward Island has been littering the oceans with plastic putting messages in a bottle in the ocean that ask the finder to send him a letter in return. Of the 4,800 he has sent out, he claims to have received more than 3,000 letters in response.

Neat.

One time, circa 1986, I wrote a letter to Madonna that included my phone number and a drawing of a cocker spaniel, put it in an empty RC cola bottle, and threw it in the lake behind my house. The letter also let her know the name of my elementary school. Just in case she was in the neighborhood and felt like doing the dance from the "Papa Don't Preach" video with me in front of the whole school.

I never heard back.

That's all.

Aren't you so glad you read my blog today?

Consider this an open thread to talk about whatevs.

No comments: