Friday, September 23, 2016

Friday ShieldSlash

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who is watching this?

Now, it is true that troubled, angsty female characters (Skye) and nerdy female characters (Jemma) are like lesbian catnip (n = me).

But, to me, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) is the true hero of Shield.  May (and it's always May, never her first name, Melinda) is the type of woman who certain people, like non-feminists, would call "a bitch." Her main "sin" being that she doesn't smile readily and certainly not on any man's (or hell, anyone's) command. And now, don't get me wrong, May is not perfect. She has a fair amount of angst. It's just more reserved (I'd say, "mature") than, say, Skye's external, obvious troubles.

Anyway, May is a pilot, she's mostly in control of things, and she's the best fighter on the team. In a just world, she would be the leader of SHIELD, and Coulson would be her second-in-command (ahem, if that).

On my best days, I like to think that I'm a "May."

In reality, I'm usually more likely a Skye-Jemma hybrid of nerdangst.  So, on that note, I'll revel in this fan vid. (Pairing: May/Bobbi; Although, that May v. May battle was epic)


No comments: